Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Uncle Ash birthday card

It was uncle Ashaari's birthday on the 13th of May. It had been quite a while for Sarah and me to be doing any scrapbooking project. Hence I see this as a golden opportunity to create a birthday card.
I had a lot of plans from using the Simon Says Stamp card kit that I had been purchasing and storing without using it - yet.
But, knowing my younger son, I had to do it only after he sleeps and yet, the card making project still got interrupted by him quite frequently...
The card turned out quite simple, to me, it's sweet and simple and I should say almost 80% done by Sarah.

The first page, the shoe and game console (Simon Says Stamp-All Boy clear stamp set) was stamped onto a white watercolor paper and Sarah chose her favourite pink n purple ink. (Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Fired brick and Seedless Preserves)
I helped to press the inkpad onto the craft sheet and Sarah took my watercolor brush and paint away.
After leaving it to dry I helped her to cut it out, and I helped her to spell out the words that goes inside the card, with she pasting the letter stickers. Sarah also wanted to include the horizontal stars from the same stamp set inside the card and I let her stamp it.
I then got her to paste a patterned paper onto the card and then the cut out stamped pictures over the pattern paper and she used my Stickles-Ice Blue to create a border.
Finally, she chooses the variety of washi tape and I assisted her to paste them horizontally on the back of the card....
And........... Ta-da!

No comments:

Post a Comment